Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Roasted Potato Wedges


Last night I made Pork Rib Sandwiches for dinner. Y'now, I threw pork ribs in the crock pot with BBQ sauce and water and let it sit all day and then used leftover Hamburger buns for the sandwich portion. I needed something to go along with dinner and my kids love home style fries. I've made these before. But I decided to follow P-dub's instructions, since I started this "project." Her instructions were simple and her main "must do" was to add lots of salt but left all other herbs and spices optional. If I were only cooking for Aaron & me, I would've experimented more with the herbs, but I knew the kids would appreciate it more plain. I used red potatoes to make this recipe.

The results were exactly what I expected. Just about everyone LOVED them. I told the kids I needed their responses so I could post them on the blog and Kielle said "So, we get to be food critics now?" Sure. Why not?

I think Nathan just liked them. His review was "They aren't the best and they aren't the worst. So the would be 'borst' or 'west'" (His combination of the two words.)
Kielle--"Pioneer Woman has never steered us wrong!"
Ryan, Ada & Tessa all said that they were "dee-licious."

I honestly don't remember Aaron's response cause he had dinner later, but he ate his all up.

I love these kind of fries. They are my favorite. Her instructions didn't vary too much from what I usually do, but I liked her suggestions of various additional herbs and seasonings so I would like to try that one day too.

1 comment: